Multilaterals supported projects in Southern Africa
The Embassy of Spain and the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in cooperation with our valued member CaixaBank organised an informative session on funding of existing and ongoing projects multilateral organizations have in Southern Africa.
The welcome address was by Mr Ferran Casadevall, Spanish Trade Commissioner.
Participants had the opportunity to interact with representatives from:
– IFC, International Finance Corporation, Mr Florian Wicht
– AfDB, African Development Bank, Mr Kapil Kapoor
– EIB, European Investment Bank, Mr Tom Andersen
– DBSA, Development Bank of Southern Africa, Ms Juana Hatfield
– ICO, Instituto de Credito Oficial, Mr Gonzalo Serrano
Through 15 minutes presentations from each of them the audience obtained a general overview of their mission and in-depth details on developments that are of their interest.
Ambassador of Spain to South Africa, H.E. Carlos Fernandez-Arias closed the session. There was time to network afterwards over a glass of wine and a selection of Spanish tapas.